photo of the day (paris day one)

The kids and I arrived in Paris this morning after taking an evening flight out of Newark last night. The flight was pretty uneventful but fairly awful. We sat in a row  in front of the emergency exit row and our seats did not recline. I managed to get a bit of sleep but the kids did not. I knew it wouldn’t bode well for today but I hoped for the best. After landing we found our bags, made our way quickly through customs and grabbed a taxi to our hotel.

Our hotel, the Abbatial,  is on the Blvd. St. Germain and it is just a block from the Seine. We were lucky to get to check in to one of the rooms right away so we stowed our luggage, washed our faces and sat down for a bit to rest.

We were exhausted, the kids more than I, but I was determined that we didn’t sleep the day away, so we went out for something to eat and then for a walk around so I could show them the lay of the land.

First order of business was lunch and a cup of coffee for me. This is a picture of my first Café Créme in Paris.


We walked over to the Ile de la Cité and stopped for a minute or two in Notre Dame. I didn’t want to do anything that could be too seriously construed as sightseeing. I wanted to save that for when Zki was with us and he was still finishing up his show.

So we walked over to the Ile St. Louis and I got the kids some ice cream from Berthillon and we walked around and browsed in some shops.


As much as I wanted everyone to stay awake, the night on the airplane, sleepless and uncomfortable as hell, got the better of everyone and so we headed back to the hotel for a nap.

I am so very happy to be in Paris again.

My hubby finished with work and joined us at our hotel. Then we cleaned up a bit, woke up the kids and took a taxi to Montmatre to meet our dear Uncle Joe for dinner. We went to a restaurant, Butte en Vigne that Zki and I had been to while we were here 2 years ago. Dinner was fun and the food was great. A little foie gras, some wine, and good company made for a lovely evening.

The kids had crepes for dessert while I had my eye on these lovelies I saw in a patisserie we passed on the street.

Afterwards, Uncle Joe (who has a heart as big as New Jersey) treated us to portraits of the kids by a couple of the Montmartre artists.

We wandered around and took some pictures of Sacre Coeur at night and then headed back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep.

~ by photobella on 20 May, 2009.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: